If you’ve come to Kauai for the beaches, you are not alone. With unmatched shades of turquoise waters, soft sands, and crystal clear swimming and snorkeling, Kauai’s beaches are one of the island’s greatest offerings. One way to return the favor and express your gratitude to the ocean and beaches that nourish you is to volunteer with Surfrider at a beach cleanup. Not to mention, you’ll have another excuse to spend a day at the beach!
Here’s a schedule of Kauai Surfrider’s upcoming events this January 2018. Get involved by answering the Ocean’s (and Surfrider’s) call for help!
- Wed., Jan 3rd: Net Cove 4-6p DHHL; Meet at front entrance of Anahola beach at 3:45p. Trucks are needed. Net Patrol
- Tues., Jan 9th: Executive Committee meeting, Mariachi’s Kapaa. 5:30pm; PUBLICWELCOME. Meetings always second Tuesday 5:30pm Mariachi’s
- Wed., Jan 10th: Anini /Kalihiwai side from 4-6p. Look for signs. Net Patrol. Trucks needed
- Wed., Jan 17th: Larsen’s Beach (meet at mailboxes at 245p off Larsen’s beach road). Special time 3-530p. Need 4×4 Trucks. Net Patrol
- Wed., Jan 24th: Moloa’a beach. 4-630p. Meet near stream. Trucks needed
- Sat., Jan 27th: Beach Cleanup with partner Sustainable Coastlines 9a-130p at Nawilliwilli Beach Park. Target locations are Kalapaki Harbor/Jetty and Ahukini behind Airport. Trucks needed
- Wed., Jan 31: Aliomanu estates 4-630p. Meet at beach parking lot. Net Patrol. Trucks needed
For more info please contact Barbara (808)635-2593, Scott (816)781-5883, or Robert (808)634-6597, or visit https://www.facebook.com/surfriderkauai/?ref=bookmarks
Inspired to volunteer with other orgs on Kauai, too? Check out our volunteer opportunity listing by moku.